Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Boletus edulis

Final April mushroom, Boletus edulis (or Porcini). I'm really liking the textured paper and layered font going on in the background. I may have to implement this on the rest of the mushrooms. Also while most of my mushroom people will be dancing, there are also some yoga poses interspersed. This is a variation of the tree pose. The Porcini (another name is King Bolete) seemed to be more of a sedentary mushroom. >.>


Interesting to compare the work in progress sample. You can see I've figured out the mushroom cap but am still fiddling with the body shadows and colors. The face has some basic blocking in, but there aren't any details.

Next up is May and the Morel mushroom. ^.^ She's kinda creepy. I think morels look like brains... so that may have something to do with it.

No comments: