Monday, May 24, 2010

No Pretty Pictures... again.

Sorry for the lack of pretty pictures. That's one issue with physical media vs. digital- you can't share very easily. I WOULD take a picture, but my camera is out of battery juice and it's not happy with the ones I scrounged up for it. "Zoom Error" or something similar comes up. RARW! It's done this before it just likes brand spankin' NEW batteries (preferably brand name lithium thank you very much!). Stupid needy camera.

But yes. Starting on a physical media piece. Life outside of art makes my speediness go out the window. I used to be so FAST, but now there's more to life. I was eating and breathing and sleeping art in college. Seriously- I never did anything else. (Guess that's why I burned out for 6 months after graduating.)
ANYWAY back to the physical media- mixed media thing. It's a addition to the series of fairy tales I did for my portfolio class. Kind of.
The real reason I put the mushrooms on hold is because I want to submit to the Artists' Guild juried show next month. o.O While my mushrooms are good as a set, standing alone is a bit harder. Thus, kicking into gear some new work. Let's just say it looks similar to my "Parsley" painting, which surprisingly I still like a lot.

Of course once I started sketching these out I had about 4 more...

Maybe I should do a post on my process sometime? Could be fun.

No comments: