Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dreams in Gold

Finally got my physical media project scanned. Took me long enough!


It's the story of Rumpelstiltskin. I've been calling the girl Aurelie. It means "wheat", so that's fitting. Sorry about the watermarks, I'm trying to be more careful about my final pieces. I don't know what was my favorite part, the "story mandala" in the background or the girl. I had a great reference for her. First time posting my references, I believe. I aim for black and white photos, usually older, non (or out of) copyrighted stuff. I think I found this from someone who got it from the Library of Congress. As you can see- it spoke to me from the moment I saw it.


The caption at the left says: "Thoughts of Love" Copyright 1899(?) of (something) A3. I wish I could get the last bit.

I had a lot of fun. So I'm going to go ahead with Beauty and the Beast. ^.^ One of my favorite fairy tales.

~Gwen

No comments: